Caller ID Privacy Options
By using our CloudPBX you have the option to show or block your caller ID (also called Calling Line Identification CLI) with your outbound calls.
Step 1: Set your Caller ID privacy
- Log into https://now.tel2.co.uk > select the number you want to set up Caller ID privacy on.
- Select CloudPBX > Outbound > Caller ID and Privacy.
- Click to select your preferred options.
- Select Save settings to update.
Caller ID Settings Options
Use any of your account numbers as the outgoing Caller ID. For example, if your main number is 442034567890 but your users numbers 442034567891, use Select the type of Caller ID to present as 442034567890 as the CLI.
NOTE: If you set a Caller ID to be presented on Outbound Calls then this will force all outgoing calls to use that Caller ID including any diverted/forwarded calls.
NB – In order to present a number that is not on our CloudPBX we need to verify that you are the legal entity and owner of the number you wish to present.
Step 2: Caller ID Settings
- Log into https://now.tel2.co.uk > select the number you want to set up Caller ID on.
- Select CloudPBX > Outbound > caller ID and Privacy
- Choose, type of caller ID, number from account or non-acount
- Click Save settings to update.
Solution: Multi-business offices
A group of separate company’s lease a shared office that includes an outbound calling on behalf of each tenant. Using the Caller ID function SysAdmin’s can map a receptionist line to show the correct CLI.
- Company A DID is 442034567000
- Company B DID is 442034568000
- Company C DID is 442034569000
Using the Caller ID feature your CloudPBX you can associate DID lines not on your account which are then displayed as the Caller ID.
- Line 1: 442034567001 -> 442034567000
- Line 2: 442034568001 -> 442034568000
- Line 3: 442034569001 -> 442034569000